Amazon is going to deliver to their customers for Black Friday Deals 2014, Cyber Monday 2014, and the whole holiday season in more ways than one. On Oct. 16, 2014, the company sent out information to the media and customers to let them know that Amazon Prime members
will have early access to their “Amazon Lightning Deals” a full 30 minutes before they are available to the public.
The lightning deals that are eligible for this new benefit will be marked “Prime Early Access Deal” right below the percentage claimed bar on the “Gold Box Deals” page of Amazon.com.
During the big holiday shopping season, “Lightning Deals” will be able to be found throughout Amazon.com and that includes the Gold Box Deals. They are available as one per customer or until the promotion period for the deal expires or all the discounts have been claimed.
When the Lightning Deals start, it is very important to be watching for them if you look to take advantage of them. The deals are also very time-sensitive and you will need to complete your order as soon as possible before someone else checks out with it.
When a Lightning Deal is available, here’s what you’ll see:
- The item featured in the deal.
- Any available variations of the item (for example: different sizes or colors).
- The promotional discount amount and final price.
- A status bar indicating the percentage of deals currently in customers’ carts or purchased.
- A timer showing how long you have to add the item to your Cart and claim the promotional discount.
- An “Add to Cart” button if there are available promotional discounts.
- Whether or not Prime members get early access to the deal.